Tuesday 31st March 2017
Price: 249 euros.
Duration: 90 minutes (in collaboration with Chemical Watch Ltd)
[Fee includes a copy of the live recording and additional course notes. Questions may be asked throughout the session and also afterwards by telephone/email]
This Webinar will cover the following,
- Introduction to the cell, DNA and cell replication.
- How cancer arises.
- Mechanisms of chemical carcinogenesis (including genotoxic and non-genotoxic carcinogens).
- Types of cancer and nomenclature.
- Classification and labelling of carcinogens.
- Current testing strategies and rationale for chemical carcinogenesis.
- Interpretation of the results and implications with regards to classification and labelling.
- Introduction to genetic toxicology.
- The difference between carcinogenicity and mutagenicity.
- Effects on genes, chromosomes and DNA and the consequence for the cell.
- Current testing strategies and rationale for genetic toxicology; in vivo and in vitro.
- Interpretation of results and implications with regards to classification and labelling.
Bookings and payment are made via the Chemical Watch events page at