Tuesday 14th November 2017
Price: 249 euros
Duration: 90 minutes (in collaboration with Chemical Watch Ltd)
[Fee includes a copy of the live recording and additional course notes. Questions may be asked throughout the session and also afterwards by telephone/email]
The following will be covered during the webinar
- Introduction to the immune system and allergies
- Innate Vs acquired immune response
- Categories of immunological response
- Definition of an allergy and the two stage development of an allergic reaction.
2. Basic dermatology
- The anatomy of the skin in relation to the development of an allergic reaction The cells of the immune system involved in the development of allergic contact dermatitis
- Factors which influence the development of allergic contact dermatitis.
- How allergic contact dermatitis differs from irritant contact dermatitis
- Current testing strategies for assessment of allergic contact dermatitis
3. Basic structure of the respiratory tract.
- The role of IgE and atopy in the development of an allergic reaction.
- How respiratory allergy differs to allergic contact dermatitis.
- Occupational asthma and work related asthma
- Current testing strategies for the assessment of respiratory allergies
4. The consequences of developing an allergy to a substance in the workplace
- Important considerations in relation to control measures in the workplace.
5. Other immunotoxicological effects
- Including multiple chemical sensitivities, and autoimmune effects.
Bookings and payment are made via the Chemical Watch events page at