This is one of my favourite webinars which covers the principles of classification of mixtures for health hazards. It covers all the health hazard classes, with lots of worked examples throughout the session to illustrate the theory. Furthermore, there are additional practice examples you can try after the webinar (called ‘homework!’).
Although the focus of this webinar will be on the European CLP, the underlying principles of classification and labelling are also applicable for GHS. Furthermore, any differences between the EU CLP and GHS will be highlighted during the session.
This webinar is perfect for anyone who is starting out with classification and labelling work, or for someone who needs to brush up on the theory. In addition, if you are authoring SDS it will give you an excellent background into the classification approach and, the kind of data that is required.
- The difference between harmonised classification and self-classification
- What is meant by bridging principles and how these are used
- Explain when existing mixture test data can be used and the scenario where it should not be used (i.e. CMR) and the reason for this
- What is meant by the additivity principle and the hazard classes where it is applicable
- The differences between generic cut off limits, specific concentration limits and generic concentration limits and how these are used
- Important considerations when choosing data for classification purposes (including the types of data which could be used)
- What is meant by the calculation approach for acute toxicity and how it is used
- Be able to classify a mixture for each of the human health hazard classes
- Regulatory affairs (chemical registration work)
- Authors and recipients of safety data sheets (SDS)
- Anyone involved in classification and labelling in accordance with EU CLP/GHS
- Regulatory authorities
- Anyone who wants to learn more about the classification and labelling process
- Training handbook complementing the webinar and including practice questions and answers to test your understanding of toxicology basics
- Copy of all slides used during the training
- Copy of the live recording
- A free 15 -minute follow up session
- Certificate of attendance available upon request
Unable to attend the scheduled date/time of webinar?
Please contact me if you are unable to attend a scheduled date/time of a webinar and we can schedule one-off dates/times to suit.
This is particularly useful if you are based on the west coast of the USA/Canada or Asia-Pacific region where the timings of the webinars might be inconvenient!