Basic Toxicology & Ecotoxicology for Safety Data Sheets & CLP/GHS
Over the years I have been teaching courses on Safety Data Sheet (SDS) authoring & CLP/GHS, I have realised that many attendees often have limited knowledge of toxicology and ecotoxicology.
Furthermore, from the questions which are frequently asked in my training courses, it is evident that there is both limited experience in sourcing reliable information as well as a lack of understanding of the information’s significance with respect to other sections of the SDS.
Basic Toxicology & Ecotoxicology for Safety Data Sheets & CLP/GHS is a new live two- hour training webinar which provides a basic overview of toxicology and ecotoxicology in such a way to enable the author of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to understand what the toxicological or ecotoxicological terminology means and how it can be used.
The course is also idea for anyone involved in classification and labelling work (CLP/GHS) for health hazards where a basic understanding of the ways in which chemicals can cause harm is essential.
This webinar is applicable for all SDS and GHS/CLP work, irrespective of where in the world you are located.
What is covered in the session
- Basic terminology; including NOAEL, LOAEL, LD50, ATE, STOT, CMR
- Acute, sub-acute and chronic toxicity
- Carcinogens, mutagens, toxic for reproduction (CMR)
- Irritants and corrosives (skin, eyes and respiratory tract)
- Respiratory and skin sensitisers
- Specific target organ toxicity (STOT) – single and repeated exposures
- Aspiration toxicity
- Endocrine disruptors
- Types of data- in vivo, in vitro, ex vivo, in silico.
- Data sources
- Basic terminology including LC50, NOEL, LOEL
- Food chains
- Acute and chronic aquatic toxicity
- Terrestrial toxicity
- Persistence,biotic and abiotic degradation, aerobic/anaerobic degradation & rapid degradation.
- Bioaccumulation, biomagnification
- PBT and vPvB
Throughout the webinar, examples will be used to illustrate key points.
Unable to attend the scheduled date/time of webinar?
Please contact me if you are unable to attend a scheduled date/time of a webinar and we can schedule one-off dates/times to suit.
This is particularly useful if you are based on the west coast of the USA/Canada or Asia-Pacific region where the timings of the webinars might be inconvenient!