My name is Laura Robinson
For over a decade I have worked in industry dealing with issues related to the use of hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
During this time I have witnessed and addressed many dubious practices ranging from staff opening drums of hazardous materials with axes to people actually washing their hands in industrial chemicals. I have also investigated cases where staff have experienced adverse health effects as a result of chemical exposure.
Throughout my career I have worked with all aspects of chemical compliance; for the EU, Australasia and the USA/Canada.
A key focus of Toxicology Consulting Ltd (ToxicologyTraining.com) is the provision of high-quality training courses related to many aspects of product stewardship. For more details take a look at the “Training courses and webinars ” page which can be accessed from above.
However, I also offer consultancy services related to various aspects of chemical safety. These include
- Cosmetic Product Safety Assessments – in accordance with EU Cosmetics Regulation 1223/2009, a cosmetic product safety assessment has to be undertaken by a qualified safety assessor to confirm that the cosmetic product complies with the EU Cosmetic Regulation.
- Safety Data Sheets – this includes SDS review, training and authoring
- Toxicology – regulatory toxicology data review, literature searches, etc.
- Chemical risk assessments (desk-based) – for regulatory submissions
- IUCLID work
- Workplace risk assessments – (e.g. COSHH assessments) – this includes staff training.
- Classification and labelling (CLP/GHS)
Please contact me for further details (Tel: +44 (0) 7985 923707, email; Toxicologyconsulting@gmail.com
- MSc Applied Toxicology, University of Surrey
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry, University College Swansea
- PgC Occupational Hygiene, University of Portsmouth
- PGCE (Post Compulsory Education), University of Portsmouth
- NEBOSH Specialist Diploma in Environmental Management
- Toxicology & Ecotoxicology for the Pulp and Paper Industry (Blackwell Science Ltd, 2001)
- Toxicology & Ecotoxicology for Chemical Safety Assessment (Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 2005)
- A Practical Guide to Toxicology and Human Health Risk Assessment (John Wiley & Son – November 2018)
“Laura has extensive experience in the area of industrial toxicology and is, not only a pleasure to work with, but is very knowledgeable indeed.” Barry Podd, Global Regulatory Affairs Manager, Kimberly-Clark Europe.