My name is Laura Robinson
For over a decade I have worked in industry dealing with issues related to the use of hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
During this time I have witnessed and addressed many dubious practices ranging from staff opening drums of hazardous materials with axes to people actually washing their hands in industrial chemicals. I have also investigated cases where staff have experienced adverse health effects as a result of chemical exposure.
Throughout my career I have worked with all aspects of chemical compliance; for the EU, Australasia and the USA/Canada.
A key focus of Toxicology Consulting Ltd is in the provision of high-quality training courses related to many aspects of product stewardship. For more details take a look at the “Training courses and webinars ” page which can be accessed from above.
However, I also offer consultancy services related to various aspects of chemical safety. These include SDS authoring, CLP/GHS classification, chemical risk assessment (workplace and desk-based), occupational toxicology, regulatory compliance and even chemistry!
- MSc Applied Toxicology, University of Surrey
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry, University College Swansea
- PgC Occupational Hygiene, University of Portsmouth
- PGCE (Post Compulsory Education), University of Portsmouth
- NEBOSH Specialist Diploma in Environmental Management
- Toxicology & Ecotoxicology for the Pulp and Paper Industry (Blackwell Science Ltd, 2001)
- Toxicology & Ecotoxicology for Chemical Safety Assessment (Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 2005)
- A Practical Guide to Toxicology and Human Health Risk Assessment (John Wiley & Son – November 2018)
“Laura has extensive experience in the area of industrial toxicology and is, not only a pleasure to work with, but is very knowledgeable indeed.” Barry Podd, Global Regulatory Affairs Manager, Kimberly-Clark Europe.